Home

VLC Force aspect ratio not working

Open VLC Media Player Go to Tools > Preferences or just hit Ctrl+P Click on the 'Video' tab on the left and enter the preferred resolution in the text box next to 'Force Aspect Ratio'. I've chosen 16:9 since I've got a widescreen In this brief video i will show you how to get rid of the black borders on the side of the screen when watching a movie with Vlc media player Can VLC do this automatically? The only way I can see to do it now is to turn on always fit window and then figure out the videos aspect ratio, then manually force that aspect ratio. But I don't want to keep changing this setting when I switch to a different video with a different aspect ratio Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Learn mor - in Preferences - All - Video the option Monitor pixel aspect ratio set on 0.5, or - in Preferences - Simple - Video set for the option Force Aspect Ratio the originally aspect ratio (in this example 16:9). So the video is played back: How can the video be stored in this stretched form

VLC Media Player (Free) Download and Install VLC Media Player. Open Tools > (Simple) Preferences. Change Video from Interface tab. Change Force Aspect Ratio under Video Settings Video. Ex. Aspect Ratio usually default at 16:9 or 4:3. Select Save Force VLC to always display videos in 16:9 format: Go to Tools, Preferences, Video, and where it says Force Aspect Ratio write 16:9 without quotes of course, save and open your video file you want to play, VLC should open it now in 16:9 aspect ratio The only way I resolved it was to encode the entire video to an MP4 and force either 4:3 or 16:9. You could use VLC's built in crop function to try to crop it to 16:9, but that will crop the 4:3 (only while playing it, of course, the files won't be affected.) if you don't want to encode and mess with the original video, give it a try The VLC Player will allow you to manually set the display aspect ratio (DAR) of a video despite its original intended one. Setting a 4:3 video in VLC to 16:9 will give you the effect you are. 1) Launch VLC Media Player with the Video you want to watch and use a different aspect ratio. 2) Touch the screen of the player, the last option on the right, Click on it (Where the red box is). 3) Pressing it frequently will be changing the aspect ratio, when it has gotten to the one required, stop pressing the option

The player respects the defined aspect ratio. I've implemented a function that allows me to press a key and change the current aspect ratio (using libvlc_video_set_aspect_ratio ). The problem is, if I change the aspect ratio to 16:9 (vlc really changes the aspect to 16:9) and then I advance to the next media file on my playlist, vlc plays that. VLC Aspect Ratio Snapping Explanation. 1. I am programming a measuring tool which makes use of the AxVLC library. I have successfully created the tool, but when someone loaded a 720x480 video, some measurements were off. After some digging in the VideoLAN forums and my code, I learned that VLC snaps the video to a 16:9 aspect ratio when it. --aspect-ratio <string> Source aspect ratio This forces the source aspect ratio. For instance, some DVDs claim to be 16:9 while they are actually 4:3. This can also be used as a hint for VLC when a movie does not have aspect ratio information VLC aspect ratios in the tty console. VLC works largely fine without X, using the framebuffer, but the problem for me is that it stretches the video to fit the aspect ratio of the screen. This normally isn't much of a problem, as most screens nowadays are 16:9, as are most videos. But the laptop I'm using has a 4:3 screen, making most videos.

I must correct myself: the side bands disappear if I force 16:9 aspect ratio in my video player (VLC). So I think I also have to set the DAR to get the resulting video declaring itself as 16:9. However, forcing 16:9 shows that the resulting video is actually stretched horizontally Open VLC media player and Go to Tools > Preferences (or press CTRL + P to open it). Click on Video section and write 32:9 in Force Aspect Ratio and click on Save. Close VLC media player. After that Open 3D movie in VLC media player VLC should be able to successfully play both audio and video in .wma and .wmv 1 and 2. How to control the aspect ratio of the video In the menu bar select Tools → Preferences → Video → Force Aspect Ratio. As described in Documentation:Command line#Video_options--aspect-ratio can be given on the command-line. Unlike the graphical. Situation The aspect ratio of video content that is played back via KODI or VLC (presumably other apps as well that haven't been prominently identified so far) is wrong, e.g. letterbox bars are doubled

VLC will place the image in the centre of the frame horizontaly, scaling it to the maximum height of the frame (1080), but maintaining aspect ratio of the image by placing black borders to the left and right of the image. Conversely if I try displaying a wide panoramic image, VLC will centre the image verticaly in the frame, scaling the maximum. Since the awful last Player update which I hate btw, I can't find any settings about the aspect ratio? Everything is now playing full screen and the side are being chopped off, they all play fine with VLC. I presume there's an aspect ration setting somewhere but I can't find it anywhere after a lot of searching. Could someone point me in the right direction

Windows 7 / Aspect Ration on WPM12. Windows media Player 12 does not give me an option to change the aspecet ratio of a video. I really adore WMP12 more than the VLC player that I use on my windows 7.The sound codes work awsome! The trick ist to set a forced aspect ratio of the picture and crop the picture to remove one of the two sides. In the following settings we'll be assuming its a FullHD (1080p) video: In VLC navigate to: Preferences -> Video -> Force Aspect Ratio. and enter the value 32:9. Note: This value needs to be removed once you finished watching as its. I already tried things like SwitchResX to no avail, and looking at the TV now 1280x1024 looks stretched while manually setting the aspect ratio to 4:3 in VLC for a video produces the best results.

First create an application that calls a script installer with the deployment type set to Install for System.In the directory of your repo where vlc-2.2.2-win64.exe is stored, create the following install.cmd script:. REM Uninstall existing VLC versio The Microsoft H.264 (MP4) encoder/decoder supports any custom or standard resolution up to the 2048x2048 limit. The Microsoft H.264 (MP4) encoder/decoder supports any custom or standard aspect ratio. Commonly supported resolutions and aspect ratios include: 854 x 480 (16:9 480p) 1280 x 720 (16:9 720p) 1920 x 1080 (16:9 1080p) 640 x 480 (4:3 480p If I specify a 4:3 display aspect ratio for the output, the encoder settings will show a Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR) of 8:9, which is correct (3:2 x 8:9 = 4:3). However, when it encodes the file it inverts the PAR in the file header! So if you play the file with WMP and look at the properties it will show a PAR of 9:8 instead of 8:9 /// VlcPlayer widget. const VlcPlayer ({ Key key, /// The [VlcPlayerController] that handles interaction with the platform code. @required this.controller, /// The aspect ratio used to display the video. /// This MUST be provided, however it could simply be (parentWidth / parentHeight) - where parentWidth and /// parentHeight are the width and height of the parent perhaps as defined by a. Aspect ratio is a very important factor for not only DVDs, but also almost all kinds of video you would encounter in your daily lives. The most common forms of aspect ratio of a DVD are 4:3 and 16:9. In most cases, when you are burning a DVD, you will be asked to choose an aspect ratio from these two options

How to Force Aspect Ratio on VLC Media Player? - PC Geek Blo

How to force aspect ratio on Vlc media - YouTub

i backed up some dvd's with dvd decrypter.wrote it to iso with imgburn.then i decided to compact the iso's with dvd shrink.all with default settings.i have vlc set to play video at 16:9.now,when i play the dvd with vlc it forces the aspect ratio to 4:3.i can change the aspect manually.i have tried all the aspect ratio settings in vlc but i cant find the missing link.am i stuck with it?any help. in vlc you can 'force' it (if thats the right word) open vlc. tools > preferences >. tick 'all' at bottom left. click 'video', scroll down to 'source aspect ratio' and type 4:3 in the box and click 'save'. this will make all your vids fit the aspect ratio automatically. hawklord, Jan 7, 2009

How to force VLC to Keep the Video's Aspect Ratio, but

Python vlc bindings. Contribute to oaubert/python-vlc development by creating an account on GitHub I figured out though that pressing A on VLC changes the aspect ratio to 16.9 (which should be standard) so thats what i essentially want to achieve on netflix. Force that aspect ratio as then. Feature request MBT force aspect ratio Feature request MBT force aspect ratio. Aspect ratio; By Popeye2468, Ok loving media browser theatre but was wondering if it would be possible to add an aspect ratio feature I know this can be done with Vlc media player but I don't like having extra programs on my machine would like to be able to. In VLC 2.0, a third value 'scale2' is available to scale an image, yet preserving its aspect ratio. The image is centered and scaled either heightwise or widthwise to fill up as much area as possible

How to make vlc web player always use 16:9 aspect ratio

1. The following commands start VLC and add the first element to the playlist. among the ones available on the system, according to the stream it is given to read. However, you may wish to force the use of a specific module with the following options (for the --aspect-ratio <mode> forces source aspect ratio. --spumargin <integer> forces.
  2. In Windows Media Player 12, press Alt, select Tools, click Options, click Devices, select Display, click Properties, then use the slider to perform an adjustment. However, you can do this with VLC Media Player with great ease, and it's a great alternative. How to control the aspect ratio of the video with VLC Media Player
  3. Thanks for your comments. Setting 25 fps pal does not make a difference. It may be the Anamorphic video setting Jim mentioned. I will check the camera settings. Its a shame there is not a way for Videowave to force the video into the correct aspect ratio like vlc player or proshow editor. Kind Regard. Chri
  4. Hi Habib, I love my Surface Pro 3 too. However, in regard to your question, unfortunately the aspect ratio is a hardware issue. Most movies today would be running at 16:9, which means you are always going to see a letter box effect: black lines above and below the video, when played back on the Surface Pro 3
  5. In the field Force aspect ratio, enter a required value; Finally, click on Save to save the changes. This will force the aspect ratio to be set according to your choice. Now, re-open VLC player for the player to use the new value. But the customized aspect ratio may not work for all videos. So, in such cases, it may be a good idea to go back to.
  6. gst-launch-1. -v videotestsrc ! imxg2dvideosink force-aspect-ratio=false Video playback. Tested on Boundary Devices iMX6 Nitrogen board Boundary Devices iMX6 Sabrelite board gst-launch-1. -v filesrc location=test.mp4 typefind=true ! qtdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! imxv4l2sin

-i beach.mkv - set beach.mkv as input file-vf scale=w=1280:h=720:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease - scale video to maximum possible within 1280x720 while preserving aspect ratio-c:a aac -ar 48000 -b:a 128k - set audio codec to AAC with sampling of 48kHz and bitrate of 128k-c:v h264 - set video codec to be H264 which is the standard codec of HLS segment We're going to adjust the aspect ratio of your player to make your video clearer. On your VLC Player go to Tools > preferences > Video On Force Aspec ratio type: 32:9 then click Save. Step 2 And now were going to crop the split screen to make it single. Without closing your VLC Player go to Tools > Adjustments and Effects > Video Effects > crop. Movies with an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 or in the case of movies such as Ben-Hur even wider. Most of these movies will fill a 21:9 monitor / tv screen. Refine See titles to watch instantly, titles you haven't rated, et Jul 20, 2015. #2. hm... never tried this without re-encoding - your pixels are in 16:9, maybe you can set a different pixel aspect ratio (not number of pixels, just how they are interpreted) in the file. i'm pretty sure, this also depends on the codec, you're using usually this worked the other way around (e.g. 16:9 dv footage was shot with 4:3. Width : 852 pixels. Height : 360 pixels. Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1. Original display aspect ratio : 16:9. The video stream is encoded as AVC, the audio stream as AAC, and the container format is MP4. My MediaInfo is version 0.7.38 on Windows. My intention is to produce a 16:9 video

Hi Guys will you be developing a version of Vlc... 2 msg: VLC media player 0.8.6c and d: 3 msg: questions: 2 msg: Update Files: 1 msg: Wrong aspect ratio on HD-5 channel? 3 msg: H264 streaming using VLC: 2 msg: How to listen to multiple ports: 2 msg: NOT SPAM: VLC AVI Issue: 1 msg: How to use VLC to stream H.264/AAC to Apple's Q.. To force the frame rate of the input file (valid for raw formats only) to 1 fps and the frame rate of the output file to 24 fps: 'vlc ' variable length coder / Huffman coder Set the video display aspect ratio specified by aspect. aspect can be a floating point number string, or a string of the form num:den, where num and den are the.

Transcoding with Force aspect ratio - The VideoLAN Forum

msgid Aspect Ratio of the source picture. msgstr Bildförhållande för källbilden. msgid Aspect ratio msgstr Bildförhållande msgid Aspect ratio (4:3, 16:9). Default assumes square pixels. msgstr Bildförhållande (4:3, 16:9). Standard antar fyrkantiga bildpunkter. msgid Aspect ratio selector msgstr Bildformatsväljar [Android] benchmark: set timeout for hung vlc-android: 2018-07-31: Duncan McNAMARA: New [Android,fix,typo] videoPlayer: fix custom aspect ratio from start: 2018-07-25: Duncan McNAMARA: New [Android] videoPlayer: fix custom aspect ratio to FILL: 2018-07-25: Duncan McNAMARA: New [Android] benchmark: ask write permission before screenshots: 2018. The screenshot below includes a video uploaded with a 16:9 aspect ratio; the black on either side is not from the video itself, it's from the page design. You can confirm whether the black bars exist in your video by checking the video's edit page from your video manager or by checking the embedded player. If you see black bars in either of. Other, more standard features include creating playlists, setting different visualizations when you're playing music, taking video screen captures, and easily changing the aspect ratio. There is a wide range of supported video formats, including all of the most popular formats as well as some that are more obscure, like AIF, RA, AAC, and MPA

[VLC] Set default Video Ratio - D

1. Da*mit, I made a silly typo (and left out the fps info). Display aspect ratio on my Avi-file is actually 4:3 (not 16:9). I just double checked that and edited my original post. This is a series from the late 90s, so 4:3 is the original aspect ratio. theoldarchiver, on 01 Sept 2017 - 1:56 PM, said
  2. The aspect ratio for those old tube televisions was 1.33:1, or 4:3, meaning the width of the screens was 33% longer than the height. Not quite a square, but close
  3. The height of the video is shrunk by the same factor as the width. I do not see any distortion, it is just a scaling which conserves the aspect ratio of the video. But it would be desirable that the video area is not shrunk. This seems to be impossible with vlc. After the padding, you can adjust the area of the video by shiftig the window.
  4. Amazon and Netflix don't work in Firefox. Going to give that Chrome extension a go and see how that works. I watched primarily ripped files with immatrix's Zoom Player, which is my favorite media player, been using it for a looooong time. this app can zoom in or out using the + and - keys on the numpad (can be remapped in the settings if you are on a 10 keyless keyboard)
  5. Flutter VLC powered video player. Contribute to alr2413/flutter_vlc_player development by creating an account on GitHub
  6. There is a setting for this. Settings—>Audio/Video Output—>Aspect Ratio. To play 16:9 you would choose Widescreen. To play 4:3 you would choose Normal. Any other aspect ratios may still display black bars. TonyPh12345 October 15, 2015, 4:43am #3. The setting in the video setup has nothing to do with the file aspect
  7. Hello, I have a model of 2014, a H6500. In all versions 2.002, 2.003 beta1 and 2.003 beta 2, movies or TV series with non-standard proportions (in my case 1920x960) the image, does not respect the aspect ratio, but is stretched

VLC v2.5 Update Brings a New Dynamic UI, PiP Mode, and More. It has been well over a year since jack-of-all-trades media player VLC last received an update. This week, though, the developers. So in choosing between a screen aspect ratio of 1.78 vs. 2.4, you are really deciding how the various film and video formats will appear on your screen. For example, if you select a 16:9 screen, all of your 2.4 format movies will have black bars top and bottom. If you select a 2.4 screen, all of your 16:9 material will be pillar-boxed in the. vlc is the best if they support the aspect ratio you need. MX player has custom aspect ratio setting; and pan, but needs a codec pack to play a couple audio formats due to licensing issues. Shar I haven't been able to find an option to choose the video's aspect ratio, i.e. a way to enforce a specific aspect ratio such as 4:3, 16:9 or custom. Many movies are incorrectly mapped to 16:9 or 4:3 formats, hence showing a poor rendering quality, and I want a way to specify the adequate aspect ratio I'm trying to figure out what is the correct command line switches to play anamorphic videos 2.40:1 (wider than 16:9) in VLC and/or ffplay.. Like the sample image, I want to clip the sidebars of a 2.40:1 so it becomes 16:9 during playback.. I tried vlc --aspect-ratio 16:9 but it will strecth the video losing its aspect ratio

Video: 5 VLC Tips to Make it More Awesom

Aspect ratio help : VLC - reddi

Open VLC, and go to Tools > Preferences. Choose Show settings > All. From the left pane, scroll down to the bottom and click Video. From the right pane, scroll down to Source aspect ratio; fill in 16:9. Hit Save: The next time you open VLC, your videos will automatically have your chosen aspect ratio: Share vlc --help will create a .TXT file containing all the command-line options. Force the dummy video output to create images using a specific chroma Element aspect ratio Aspect ratio of the individual displays building the wall. Video transformation filte The storage aspect ratio—also called sample aspect ratio—or SAR in short, is simply the ratio of horizontal pixels to vertical pixels, inside the sampled video. For example, the NTSC DVD Video VOB files (720×480) always have a SAR of 1.5 (3:2), regardless of whether they're encoded for a normal (4:3 / 1.33) or a widescreen (16:9 / 1.78. I have also assign voice commands full screen and aspect ratio to get vlc how I want it hands free when I open it like this. For that I used AutoHotkey_1.1.26.01_setup that basically send keystrokes that I have customed VLC to respond to. Reply Quote 0. 1 Reply Last reply 75% or 50% - select one of these values to crop the video to the screen aspect ratio by 75% or 50%. Such cropping approximates the frame aspect ratio to the video aspect ratio. This compromise between disabled cropping and cropping to the screen aspect ratio allows you to increase the screen filling without losing too much of the visible image

Stretch 4:3 video to 16:9 (wide screen) in WMP 11 - Ars

1. > mencoder -ovc copy -force-avi-aspect 1.77777 original.avi -o test.avi > > and when test.avi is viewed in mplayer it looks ok but, of course, WMP is too > stupid to read the header info. Evidently xine and VLC media player are, too, > since ONLY mplayer will play test.avi with the corrected aspect ratio. The > other players all see the.
  2. On 7/14/2016 at 4:48 PM, Happy2Play said: Go to Dashboard-Users-Select a user-Media playback options. ok thanks but that didn't really solved the problem; now just won't play files if not transcoded. anyway, it's all the x265 10bit movies that are not playing direct. hope there's a solution soon! Link to post
  3. ffmpeg -i test.mkv -f mpegts -codec copy - | vlc - here i still transcode to transportstreams, but also vlc doesnt display it and somehow only a bar is running back and forth. I gave up on piping and now only put it on an mpegts stream:-c:v libx264 -preset superfast -tune zerolatency -c:a aac -ar 44100 -f mpegts udp://127.0.0.1:2300
  4. VLC tries to select the most appropriate interface, input and output modules, among the ones available on the system, according to the stream it is given to read. However, you may wish to force the use of a specific module with the following options (for the complete list of modules, see the Modules and options for VLCmodules section)

VlcPlayerController. class. Controls a platform vlc player, and provides updates when the state is changing. Instances must be initialized with initialize. The video is displayed in a Flutter app by creating a VlcPlayer widget. To reclaim the resources used by the player call dispose Movies with an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 or in the case of movies such as Ben-Hur even wider. Most of these movies will fill a 21:9 monitor / tv screen OBS Studio 0.15.0. New version available: OBS Studio 0.15.0. General Changes: Added an image slideshow source. The image slideshow has an playlist (which you can also add directories to as well), the ability to use different types of transitions, and the ability to randomize the output. Added a VLC video source with playlist support via libVLC

How to change Aspect ratio on the VLC Media Player

The issue is about VLC which is ALWAYS using a variable rate when encoding to H.264 into MP4, despite the source is using a fixed frame rate and even though a specific frame rate has been specified for the encoding. The default behaviour should be to use a fixed frame rate, just like MEncoder or Avidemux and even x264 standalone do #16:9 aspect ratio sdtv_aspect=3 #Force the monitor to HDMI mode so that sound will be sent over HDMI cable hdmi_drive=2 #Set HDMI group 1 (CEA), 2 for DMT hdmi_group=1 #Set graphics mode number (hdmi_mode=16 1080p 60Hz) hdmi_mode=16 Edit it like you want with: Code: Select all # nano /boot/config.txt Save with Control + X and click Enter to exit 2020-06-08, 04:50 PM. Graham/sub to save some time VLC is actually running ok although it is transcoding to the wrong format. I suspect the issue is the interact with desktop setting. Again for third time, if you want to see VLC for whatever reason disable the service and run NextPVRServer.exe manually

Aspect ratio - The VideoLAN Forum

c# - VLC Aspect Ratio Snapping Explanation - Stack Overflo

VLC-0-8-6 command-line help - VideoLAN Wik

Sep 15, 2008. Messages. 5,708. Aug 20, 2019. #2. 4K x265 torrents. Only high end Hisense like U8A and U9A have a HDR worth fussing about. Midrange TV's just are not bright enough for true HDR. Possibly you have stored it on the SD Card. Tap on sdcard and select the video from the sub folders. When your video is playing you can see a small button on the bottom right side of VLC for Android. It's marked on the below screen shot. Tap on the small button on the bottom to run or watch the video in full screen or in different aspect ratio Control subtitles, aspect ratio, audio track and delays Use the picker control for fine control of volume and position View the playlist and play files from it Free setup helper quickly configures VLC for use with the remote VLC is a great, free and popular media player that can handle almost any file format

VLC aspect ratios in the tty console

Click on the Media menu in VLC, and then click on Convert / Save. 2. Select MKV video (s) to convert. Using the Add button, select one or more MKV video files to be converted. 3. Select the file name for the converted video. In the Target file box, select the destination folder and the name for the new video file. 4 View vlc-elgato-catpure.md How to Capture an Elgato Device(or any capture device) in VLC Make a copy of your normal VLC Shortcut and paste this into it's Target under Properties and customize according to you're system and setup A projector's aspect ratio refers to the ratio between its width and height. For example, a 4:3 display produces an image that is more square, where a 16:9 ratio produces an image that is more rectangular in shape. The three most common video projector aspect ratios are 4:3 (XGA & SXGA), 16:10 (WXGA & WUXGA) and 16:9 (standard HDTV, 1080p)

aspect - How to convert a 2:21:1 video to 16:9 DVD using

Download and install VLC media player on your computer. 2. Launch VLC and then click Media > Open Disc/Open Folder option according to your needs. 3. On the followup Open Media window, tick DVD and then choose to either add DVD disc or folder according to the option you've chosen in the last step Hi, I'm trying to set up the computer for my son and i'm having problems with Windows Media Center. When he tries to watch a movie, the aspect ratio is off, when compared to VLC (which has the right aspect ratio and better sound). I could just use VLC, but I want to use WMC so all the movies can be together nicely. Here is a screenshot of the.

How To Convert And Watch 3D Movie As 2D In VLC Player

VLC subtitles for Live TV if available. VLC VOD settings cog. Random Movie Night button. Watched indicator for VOD Movies & Series. Live TV Preview screen. Count of number of Channels, Movies, Series. Double-height Advert 1 (great for listings). Aspect ratio for VLC in Live TV. Set to use .ts and .m3u8 formats Upscaling has nothing to do with aspect ratio. Upscaling is eg going from 576p (DVD resolution) to 1080p (Blu-ray resolution) via software. An aspect ratio is how the picture is presented on screen, eg 4:3 or 16:9 You can upscale all you want, but a 4:3 AR will remain 4:3 (or rather it should). Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatal I will be using this for daily use, but a big part of it will be watching 4k movies/MKV files using VLC player. A lot of my movies are 2.40:1 aspect ratio. I just have a few questions if you don't mind. If I watch these movies fullscreen using VLC player, will there be black bars on the side/top

What can VLC do? - VideoLAN Wik

The update will also integrate a DayNight mode and remove sound lowering notification. VideoLabs confirmed that they have restored a certain feature that would allow VLC users to double or long tap on remote play to skip songs.. New version available: OBS Studio 0.15.2 0.15.2 Hotfix Changes (windows only): Fixed performance issues with Direct3D 9.0c games on the latest windows 10 update 0.15.1 Hotfix Changes: Fixed a display bug with the scroll filter Fixed a crash that would happen when you created a VLC/slideshow source, added one item, then removed that item from (more Aspect Ratio is simply the ratio of the width to the height How to sync (Synchronize) subtitle with VLC Media Player using Keyboard shortcut TheVLC (VideoLAN Client) is a very powerful and popular media player. We've shown you how to do this by digging into VLC's preferences, but it turns out there are some very simple keyboard. Program Name: Zoom Player Max. Developer: Inmatrix LTD. Download Size: 12.3MB. Version Reviewed: 8.5. Requires: Windows XP/Vista/Win7. Discussion. Quite frankly, Zoom Player Max is a brilliant video player and it was a close race between this and VLC Media Player for the position of best video player Pixel aspect ratio: 1.000 Display aspect ratio: 16:9 Frame rate mode: Constant Frame rate: 30.000 FPS Frame count: 185 Color space: YUV Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0 Bit depth: 8 bits Bits/(Pixel.